Thursday, April 26, 2012

Grocery Store Bedding

When I think about buying new sheets I don't usually think of looking at the grocery store.  Who does?  So imagine my surprise when I walked into the grocery store last night and found a cart inside the door full of clearance housewares.  It's been several years since I bought new sheets, they tend to be quite pricey for anything over 250 thread count and I refuse to spend money on cheap, scratchy sheets.

I prefer cotton, but these are 400 thread count and have a lovely feel to them, buttery soft.  I was more than happy to grab the two remaining queen sets.  No choice in colors, but it's not like I display my sheets on the front lawn or anything;)

 Each set comes with 4 pillowcases rather than the normal 2.  From now on I'll have to pay more attention to the non-food isle when shopping for groceries.  Who knows what else I might find.

What odd bargains does your grocery store surprise you with?
Thanks for stopping!
Jenni

Linking up with the following:

Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
Bees Rental Designs for Frugal Treasures Tuesday
Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday
Caps Creations for some Thrifty Love

7 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME. What a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jenni, Great buy! And, you're right who cares the color of the sheets as long as they're not scratchy...you usually cover em up anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheets are expensive, so a sheet bargain is a wonderful find, the color doesn't matter, mix & match is fun. Interesting grocery store you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a deal!! I've never seen sheets at our grocery stores.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't figure out why sheets are so expensive. It's just fabric with a little elastic here and there? I'm not sure if my grocery store sells sheets, but I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do this too! and our grocery store carry the loveliest of colors like turquoise :) what a find u have there! real value for money :)

    ReplyDelete

I apologize if you get a word verification. I keep turning it off, but it comes back!