Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Antler Table

This one was just for fun, plus I needed something to use for my blog header, so why not set up an entire table outside just to play around and take pictures:)  Some day my husband and I might actually get to sit down to a dinner just for two.  Dreaming of that day!  Some photos will have different things in them since I was trying things out and snapping pics at the same time.

Of course I got to use my new(to me) Noritake china.  The wine glasses are Dollar Tree and the small water or juice goblets are a thrifted purchase.

 I used a vintage pineapple crocheted topper over a white cloth with a drop cloth runner down the middle.  
First time I've used that pineapple topper and I've had it for ages!  It looks white in the pics, but it's really an ecru color.

 Love the antlers:)  Napkins and candle holder/candle are both thrifty finds.

The flatware is mostly Interpur Florenz, a vintage stainless set  I've been collecting piece by piece.  I had to sub the dinner forks though since I haven't found any of those yet.  I'm starting to wonder if they exist.

Thrifted milk glass, lace edge compotes that I've been dying to use. I haven't had a chance to use them on the real table yet since I'm short two.  I'm really short seven since I'd eventually like twelve, but two more would work for now.  I've found each of them individually and at least three of them recently, so I still have hope of having enough very soon.


Thanks for stopping by!
Jenni

Linking up with the following:

Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
April's Thrifty Tablescape Party at The Thrifty Groove
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful table. The abandomed antlers are a great idea, they going on my list. I am a big fan of using drop cloths. I have one I use as a table cloth. I am going to have to make one into a table runner now that I have seen yours. Good luck on your search! Sometimes I think that is as fun as pulling the table together ;-) Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:) One of my boys brought me those antlers, so they are special. Drop cloths are my favorite source of rustic fabric that goes with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is lovely and I love those milk glass dishes...what a great find...I am a new follower of your...see you again soon...I think I am going to make a slipcover with a dropcloth...come visit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I've actually been reading your blog for awhile now and decided it was time to follow. I tend to save blogs in my favorites and read them that way. Learning to use that google reader finally;)

      Delete
  4. A pretty table -- those are really pretty dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty your green and whites are. The antlers are an unexpected element....and it works so well. Love your pretty milk glass dishes....hope you'll find more to complete your pretty set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the drop cloth idea with the antlers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Love the antlers! My husband and I are borh hunters and I hadd to show this to him! He wants antlers on the table now!Happy Easter. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is beautiful and the antlers give it your own special flair...like my seashells! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fresh clean look of this table! And the dishes and accessories are perfect! Wonderful table! Thank you for sharing this with us at TT. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful table! Wonderful to have you with us this Easter at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

I apologize if you get a word verification. I keep turning it off, but it comes back!