Friday, April 20, 2012

Another Good Score

I've been a bit under the weather all this week and it's made me cranky.  I was determined to get out and go to some yard sales this morning no matter how I felt.  Hunting for bargains always makes me feel better.

There were only a handful of sales posted and of course it was snowing as we left, so I didn't have high expectations.  It is April in North Dakota, so this is not surprising.  Lucky for me they toughed it out and opened as planned:)  Gotta love the people up here, they are quite hardy and stubborn.

 The first sale we stopped at was a good one, great prices and super friendly people.  I found a few linens and these great vintage calenders.  They had several different years, but not 1973, my birth year.  Oh well, still cool:)  My husband also found several books on tape for just .25 each.  In fact, I think everything we bought there was just .25 each.  Love those kind of sales!

 Then we had several dud sales that had nothing good and were for the most part, overpriced.  We did find one more decent sale where we found the fun southwest glasses for just .50 for all.  After that we hit up a couple thrift stores where I found the emerald dessert plates and dug through the silverware bins and pulled out some silver plate and vintage stainless.

 This covered casserole was a fun find.  I was hoping it was something special, but it turns out to be somewhat common.  Made in the 40's but going pretty cheap on E-bay.  I like it though and I only gave $5 for it.

Now for my find of the day.
This Villeroy & Boch tureen in the French Garden, Fleurence pattern.  It is in perfect condition, doesn't look used at all.  French garden is a current pattern and this tureen can be bought at Macy's for $451 or if you shop around there are several online retailers advertising it for around $225.  I paid $7.  I feel a lot better;)

Thanks for stopping by!
Jenni

Linking up with the following:

Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
Bees Rental Designs for Frugal Treasures Tuesday
Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday
Caps Creations for some Thrifty Love

9 comments:

  1. Wow! What a major score on the tureen. And I love the duck casserole. I have a similar one that's all white. (Newest follower.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your finds but the tureen is amazing! You really got a great deal there! Gosh I love thrifting and yard sales! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a score! especially the tureen! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Villeroy & Boch tureen is a fabulous find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a lot of great finds! the tureen is wonderful!! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic deal on that tureen! Love the green plates and silverware. Thank you for joining us at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *love* the duck casserole dish - Carbone & Hall? I have not been lucky enough to come across one. The tureen is quite beautiful and for $7!? Terrific finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic haul! Love the emerald green plates and the duck casserole dish. :-) The $7 soup tureen? Wow! That would definitely make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tureen is the same pattern my mother uses! Great score!
    ~Trudy http://thriftscore42.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I apologize if you get a word verification. I keep turning it off, but it comes back!