Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Punch of Color

A lot of my tables have a soft, pale color scheme.  Not on purpose, I just happen to have a lot of light colored accoutrements.  I do have some brilliant Fiestaware though!  So today's table features a lot of color.


I started with a colorful tablecloth I got at a recent auction.   I ended up buying two boxes of junk along with the stack of 5 tablecloths, but only paid $1 for it all so I was happy.


 The place mats are reversible with plain ecru on the other side.  We use these all the time.  These along with the blue cotton napkins were thrifty finds.  The water glasses are a pebbled, green glass, bought at a thrift store and the small coke glasses are from Dollar Tree.


 The Fiesta dinner plates are quite large and work well as charger plates for the older china.


 The off-white china plate is a vintage Knowles.  It has a bright floral motif in the center, but I have been unable to learn the pattern so far.  I love the fluted edge on them.


The lace edgge compotes are the perfect size for some pudding and look so pretty with the other dishes.  I've been collecting them one at a time at thrift stores and now have 5.


This one is by far my favorite color combo.  Red, white, and turquoise:)  The kids recently broke the turquoise dinner plate.  I was quite upset, why couldn't they break one of the dark colors instead of one of my faves?


 A little ceramic bunny just waiting for Easter.


 Another shot of my favorite colors:)

 Thanks for Stopping by!
Jenni

Linking up with:

A Stroll Through Life for Tabletop Tuesdays
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I'm your newest follower :)

    Your table looks great, I love finding such good deals on tablecloths.

    I have 1 of those lace compotes and just love it, I have been looking for more. I was able to find some small saucers in the same style, they were a set of 4 for $5 at a Peddlers Mall. I just LOVE them.

    Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful day!

    (hugs)
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete

I apologize if you get a word verification. I keep turning it off, but it comes back!