Saturday, April 7, 2012

Egg Dying Time

This year we had fun trying a couple new ways to color our eggs.  The silk tie idea has been making the rounds in blogland and was super easy and a lot less mess than using dyes.  Unwrapping each one was a surprise and a lot of fun.  I collected the ties at different thrift stores over the past couple weeks.

 Tie Dyed

Then we did some Kool-Aid coloring, which resulted in a wide variety of colors.  We had muted pastels, and rich, earthy tones.  The kids loved it and if I'd had plain vinegar it might have smelled pretty good too.  As it was, I only had chive vinegar on hand so we had a cross between fruity and garlicky, onion, phew!  The vinegar isn't required, but it does help set the dye, and since the Easter Bunny will be hiding these outdoors tonight, I felt it was necessary;)

 Kool-Aid colors

I also spent a little time decorating a special egg for each person at our table this year:)  Stay tuned for tomorrow's post to see each one.
 My version of paisley.

How do you color the eggs for your Easter celebration?

Thanks for stopping by!
Jenni

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! I don't think I'd be able to afford them now either...10 years ago, they were only a dollar or two. Love the tie dyed and kool aid! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful eggs!! I love the silk tie-dyed ones. I've never tried them, but would love to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni, your eggs are beautiful. I like the idea of making a personalized egg for each setting. I'm going to remember that for next year.
    Happy Easter ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen the tie died ones before. What a great idea. Thank you so much for popping by Take Six! Happy Easter, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete

I apologize if you get a word verification. I keep turning it off, but it comes back!