Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Finds

I had a great time bargain hunting this weekend and I think I almost set a personal record for great finds.  The object on Friday was to find a prom dress for my oldest daughter.  Last year was a painful, slow experience, so I was thrilled when she found just the right one at the first shop we went into.  Since her dress only cost half of what last years did, it made it an even better deal:)  After that success I was onto the thrift stores!

I actually found a ton of items, some for keeps, some for resale, below are just a few highlights:)

 I found several different table linens including this cute patchwork quilt and some embroidered napkins.

A vintage tablecloth and embroidered runner, found at the same garage sale for $1 each.  The tablecloth has a large stain that I'm hoping will come out, if not I'll use it as a cutter.  It has such pretty colors in it.

These Corinthian blue glasses are by Jeanette Glass and were $0.79 each.  Another great addition to our table:)

 My husband's favorite pick, a pair of Wyooter Hooter glasses.  They were just $0.50 each and I bought them with resale in mind, but my husband says he's keeping them.

They even have the recipe on the back.

 I was excited about this find since I have such a mishmash of dishware.  I can finally set a table with a matching set:)

 It's a 44pc. set of Noritake China and was just$45.  It's probably my most expensive purchase for March, but I love the colors and the completeness of the set.  I only have a few pieces to add and I'll have a full service for 8.  I was thrilled it had 7 dinner plates and so many serving pieces, all mint!

The pattern is called Palos Verde and is from the 60's or 70's.  I think these are perfect for Easter and springtime and can't believe they sat in the shop as long as they did.  The sticker was dated from June of last year!  I think they might have been passed up due to the matte finish, but that's just one more thing I love about them.

Now for my super, surprising find of the weekend.........

A beautiful soup tureen by Simpsons Potters in the Clinton Inn pattern.  I've been searching for a soup tureen for months and have found a few with missing pieces or with cracks and other flaws, nothing I wanted to spend money on.  This one was just sitting out in an open case calling to me.  It is in perfect condition and comes close to matching some of my blue china patterns.  I hemmed around trying to decide if I really wanted to spend $15 on one piece, but I'm glad I caved.  I came home and looked it up on Replacements and about fell off my chair.  No one is allowed to touch it. Replacements wants $249.95 for this.  Hubby says I should never have looked it up, cause now I'm afraid to use it. 

I'm linking up to the following:


Thrifty Thursday at Tales From Bloggeritaville











Thanks for stopping by!
Jenni

9 comments:

  1. I love the name of your blog! You found some great stuff this week. I really like those blue glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those dishes are so pretty! Love the colors and the linens are great too! Thanks for linking up at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did find some fabulous treasures. I love them all. Beautiful linens. I also really like your tablecape in the previous post. It is so pretty. More beautiful linens there also. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, you really scored on the china set! The pretty yellow and spring green will make for beautiful warm weather tablescapes. Isn't the Replacements website great! I was able to replace a sugar bowl set and saucer through them. I also found the matching coffee pot to the set which I had never had as I found the set at a yard sale. : ) I love being your first GFC follower. Thanks so much for stopping by and looking forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the Thrifty Groove. Love your finds, vintage linens are my obsession, and I found Noritake this week too!
    The tureen is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful thrifty finds! I love that tureen! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF. I hope you and your family have a happy and blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That soup tureen is gorgeous!! I am on the hunt for one. I sold two in a garage sale last year when were moving to this house. I could kick myself for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you know that I've featured you at the blog today!

    ReplyDelete

I apologize if you get a word verification. I keep turning it off, but it comes back!