Sunday, April 1, 2012

Birthday Table

Dolly turned six on Wednesday and we decided to put off her birthday dinner until today when we would all be here.  She was very excited to have both Emily and her Daddy at her special dinner.

I have been scouring the thrift stores for weeks trying to find pretty pink things for this table since that is Dolly's favorite color and what she was hoping to have at her 'party'.  Unfortunately I had no luck and wound up using a combination of white linens and dishes with a few pink napkins as a runner.  The white lace table cloth is a thrifty find but I don't like to use it much with little ones and spent the entire time watching for spills.

 I rounded out the pink theme with a trip to the Dollar Tree for some paper goods and balloons.  I had planned on getting some pretty pink flowers for our centerpiece but it was not to be.  The balloons wound up looking great and Louise loved them so it was a win!

 I used an off-white dinner plate as a charger, pink princess heart plate from Dollar Tree, white salad plate for our dinner plate, and more princess paper goods for napkins and juice cups.  The water goblets were a previous Dollar Tree purchase and the sherbet's were thrifted.

 I used a mix of pink and white candles since that is what I had on hand and spaced them between the balloon weights.  We did light these for awhile and enjoyed the ambiance until the balloons started weaving and looking rather 'full', then we blew them out before things got explosive.

It still looked pretty and it's too bad I couldn't get the camera to capture all the sparkle and shine this table had going for it.

I don't usually put the dessert dishes on the table like this, but since it was a birthday dinner and our actual meal was a light one, heavy on the dessert, I went for pretty and pleasing rather than proper.

And what's a birthday without the cake?  I didn't get a pic of this thing sliced, but it was a rather sloppy four layers alternating pink and white with pink frosting between the layers.  Very sugary and messy, but oh so good:)

The happy birthday girl!

Sharing this post over at the Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
and
Tabletop Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life

Thanks for stopping by!  Jenni

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday you, Dolly! What a beautiful dinner party..balloons and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful birthday table! And I LOVE the name of your blog!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

I apologize if you get a word verification. I keep turning it off, but it comes back!