Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Simple Sunday Table

This past Sunday I got to use my newly thrifted china to set the table.  My husband was home, but we were missing a couple kids this weekend so it's only set for five this time.

(click on any image to make it larger)
 I used a yellow table cloth with a homemade lace runner to start.  Both are recent thrift purchases.

 The napkin rings are silver plate and were a cheap find at an antique store.  I later found another set of the same at a thrift store, giving me a full set of 12.  I'm always looking and buying with 12 place settings in mind since I have 5 kids and have hopes that they will bring their significant others home for family dinners someday.  My youngest is 3, so I have time:)

 I'm using my new(to me) green, glass bowl for salad this evening.  The serving utensils are silver plate and another great find at just .59 cents each.

 I wanted to use some floating candles I found recently, so everyone has their own special little candle in a glass ramekin 'pond' tonight.

 The napkins are a white poly/cotton and are new, though I found them at an antique store among the vintage ones, thus their cheap price I suppose.  The flatware is just a plain old stainless set I got for free ages ago.

 The water goblets are from Dollar Tree and we use them almost every day.

 The candlewick candle holders were thrifted, as was the crystal compote in the center.  I love how it all sparkles and makes the table look pretty.

I'm happy to say that everything on this table was thrifted or found at the Dollar Tree and looks just as good as the expensive stuff. (at least in my opinion;)

Thanks for stopping by!
Jenni

1 comment:

  1. Jenni, lovely table...those plates are cool. I really like the tureen you had in the post before this one. I am waiting to see how you do a table around it!

    ReplyDelete

I apologize if you get a word verification. I keep turning it off, but it comes back!