Friday, April 6, 2012

Mid-week Finds

My little guy, Pudge, was feeling out of sorts the other day so I decided to get him out of the house for a bit.  Of course I ended up at a thrift store.  Where else would I go on a Wednesday?

 A trio of candle holders.

I found the two white birds for $.99 each and the glass turkey for just $.59.  The turkey says Avon on the bottom and he's quite heavy.  The white birds look like a cross between a turkey and a dove, but they should still look nice holding their candles on our table.

 Note Cards & Coasters

I'm always looking for fun note cards to send to my friends and family and these are just perfect at $.49.  The coasters are from the 50's and may end up in my shop.  There are some damaged ones, so I'm still deciding.  I paid $1.99 for them, which is more than I would have liked, but who doesn't love Dennis the Menace?

 Vera Scarves

The large scarf is probably from the 80's and I don't know the material, but it's quite pretty.  The Christmas scarf or runner, is very nice with bright colors and is 100% silk, not sure of age.  Both were less than $1.

Hawaiian Shirt & Shorts

This gorgeous little boys outfit still had the tags attached and will be perfect for Pudge this summer.  Original price was $21, I paid $4.99.  We found another Hawaiian shirt a couple months ago at a different thrift store and he just loves it.  I like that they are made in Hawaii from 100% cotton.  I'm not a fan of synthetic fibers.  I guess I'm a bit of a clothing snob.

Not bad for a quick, unscheduled trip in the middle of the week:)
Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up with Caps Creations for some Thrifty Love:)


1 comment:

  1. The Dennis coasters are neat! As is the Hawaiian outfit. My husband loves made in Hawaii shirts. Thanks for linking up at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize if you get a word verification. I keep turning it off, but it comes back!