Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Weekend Bargains

I didn't actually find anything over the weekend since it was Easter weekend, but I did head out on Monday and found a few things.  Most of the shops are picked over right now and I'm not seeing much, plus I'm noticing a lot higher prices and many items are now above my limit.  One store is even switching tags on sale days:(  I'm tempted to take pictures before and after and confront them.  I waited weeks for an item with a white tag to go on sale, went in to find that item gone and figured it sold, oh well.  I went back a day later and it was back on the shelf with another color tag on it.  Not cool.

Anyhow, rant over, time for the show and tell:)

 First up is this awesome retro condiment server.  I think this is genius and can see it's usefulness in a family like mine.  I gave $4 for it and don't plan to keep it, but it's been growing on me and I just might change my mind.

 Another item I'm in love with!  A hot/cold server from the 50's with bakelite handles!  I wish I could figure out how to get a picture of this without me in the reflection, I must have taken 30 pictures and all of them either had a bad flash reflection or me.  Trust me, having your reflection in a round, shiny surface is not flattering.  Another $4 item, it seemed to be the going price for everything this time.

 Retro, divided candy dish by California Potteries.  Not the most modern color, but it's a really nice dish and  in near perfect condition.  $4, again:)

My next $4 item is this vintage ironstone coffee pot.  Made by Broadhurst England.  I love the shape and color of this, but I'm not a big coffee drinker.  I honestly thought it was a teapot until I got home and did a little research.  Unfortunately I couldn't find much, since it seems to be a rather rare pattern.

My find of the day!  An almost full set of crystal stemware and a large crystal bowl.  All just gorgeous and a great addition to my glassware.  I found 8 of the larger goblets and just 4 of the small.  I'm hoping to run across another 4 of the small so that I can set a full table with them someday.  You never know what you'll find!  The large pedestal bowl has a beautiful ring to it, I can't stop flicking it whenever I walk by, it cost me just $3.99.  The larger stemware was $4.99 each and the smaller ones were $2.99 each and were half off, making them $1.50 each.  Again, one of those items that's near impossible for me to get a decent picture of!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jenni

Linking up with the following:

Bees Rental Designs for Frugal Treasures Tuesday
Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday
Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville
Caps Creations for some Thrifty Love

13 comments:

  1. Fun retro finds. I have the same 3 dish server (the first picture). I just used it for pickles at Easter dinner. Love your other vintage pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really neat ironstone piece -- very unusual. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment. What beautiful finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed seeing all your great finds! I have the penguin ice bucket too & just love it. Visiting from TTF & a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenni! Great Finds! I so feel your rant. Our Thrift shops..
    Goodwill....Consignment Shops....St. Vincent DePaul...etc...
    they all seem to be way higher in price to what some of the other thrifters like you find or they do what you've caught on to here in Cincinnati. It seems I have to got into other counties in Ohio or about 30 miles away to Ky or Ind to find great deals..altho I don't mind the rides where we can hit a few antique shops and malls too.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Mom and Dad still use that Penguin stainless steel bowl as an ice cube holder when we have get togethers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! Love, Love the pretty crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the coffee pot - I have the cream and sugar, which are only marked "England", but I assumed it was Broadhurst. I'm glad I noticed your picture! Could it be by their designer, Kathie Winkle?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! found u from ATG :) love your server, so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing with us at TTF this week! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jenni, you really scored on your thrift hunt. I really love the condiment server. Thanks so much for linking at Frugal Treasures Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I apologize if you get a word verification. I keep turning it off, but it comes back!